Common mold new steel
In order to overcome the shortcomings of high-speed tool steel and improve service life, heavy-duty blanking die can be made of high-strength and toughness die steel made of 6 W6Mo5 Cr4V (6W6) and high-speed steel based on the addition of a small amount of other elements - Base steel, such as 65Nb steel, LD steel, 012AL steel, CG-2 steel and so on.
(1) 6 W6Mo5 Cr4V (6W6) steel is high strength and toughness high-speed steel, due to reduced carbide content and distribution uniformity, so that it maintains the hardness and wear resistance at the same time, the bending strength, impact toughness and plasticity Significantly improved, although the wear resistance is slightly lower, low temperature nitrocarburizing can still be used to improve the surface hardness and wear resistance. Its heat treatment process and high-speed steel W6Mo5Cr4V2 similar.
(2) 6Cr4W3Mo2VNb (65Nb) Steel 65Nb steel taken from the basic composition of W6Mo5CrV2 steel after normal quenching, carbon content lower than high-speed steel, carbon content of the limit of 0.65%, hence the name 65Nb. The role of the alloying elements in steel and high-speed steel in the similar addition of 3% Nb added to form a highly stable carbide NbC, can effectively prevent the austenite grain growth, improve the mechanical properties of steel and process performance . This steel has good wear resistance and high temperature toughness, you can replace Cr12MoV, W18Cr4V steel, for heavy blanking die and cold extrusion die, cold heading die.
65Nb steel forging and annealing process performance is good, heat treatment temperature range, quenching temperature can be 1080 ~ 1180 ℃, tempering temperature between 520 ~ 600 ℃ choose. When the temperature is lower than the normal quenching temperature of W6Mo5CrV2 steel, the microstructure is that finely divided undissolved carbides are evenly distributed on the martensite matrix with lower carbon content. Through the adjustment of heat treatment parameters, you can get different strength, toughness, wear resistance with to meet the performance requirements of different molds. 65Nb steel heat treatment process: 1080 ~ 1180 ℃ salt bath furnace heating (15 ~ 20s / mm) oil quenching, tempering 520 ~ 560 ℃ twice, the hardness of 57 ~ 63 HRC.
(3) 7Cr7Mo2V2Si (LD) steel LD steel containing carbon, cobalt content higher than 65Nb, vanadium content is also higher. Vanadium can refine grains, improve wear resistance. So its compressive strength, flexural strength and wear resistance are higher than 65Nb Because of its good toughness and wear resistance, it is suitable for manufacturing a variety of heavy-duty molds.
LD steel recommended heat treatment: 850 ℃ preheating, 1100 ~ 1150 ℃ quenching; 530 ~ 570 ℃ after oil cooling tempering 2 to 3 times, each 1 to 2 hours, the hardness of 57 ~ 63 HRC.
(4) 5Cr4Mo3SiMnVAL (012AL) steel 012AL steel mass fraction of 0.3 to 0.7% of the aluminum, the purpose is to refine the grain, improve the impact toughness and hot workability of steel, plus Si is to strengthen the matrix. 012AL steel high toughness, good overall performance, versatility, both cold and hot mold steel. Its flexural strength and deflection higher than W18Cr4V high-speed steel, instead of high-speed steel as a mold rarely happen broken phenomenon. Can be used as die blanking plate and all kinds of cold and hot die.
012AL steel recommended heat treatment process: 1090 ~ 1120 ℃ salt bath heating (30s / mm) oil quenching, tempering at 510 ℃ 2 times, each oil cooling 2 hours, the hardness of 60 ~ 62 HRC.
(5) 6Cr4Mo3Ni2WV (CG-2) Steel CG-2 steel adds Ni to the composition to reinforce the matrix and improve the toughness and high-temperature properties. At the same time increase the Mo reduction W, to reduce the carbide segregation. CG-2 steel with high strength and toughness, heat treatment to high hardness can still maintain good toughness, a better solution to the high hardness and toughness of a reasonable match. But forging poor plasticity, high hardness after annealing. Can also be used as die blanking plate and all kinds of cold and hot die.
CG-2 steel heat treatment process: quenching temperature 1100 ~ 1140 ℃ heating (20s / mm), oil cooling, 540 ℃ tempering twice, each 2 hours, air cooling, hardness 60 ~ 62 HRC.
Hubei Kaixin Supply Chain Management Co., Ltd.
TEL ：+8618272169977 ; 0714-6510168
Add：No.37 Huahu Ave Huahu Street.Huangshi City Hubei